Friday, July 9, 2010

I Want to Feed Shamu!!!

So we loaded up our car with everything you could possibly imagine, because you never know what you will need, and headed to San Antonio.  Our vacation wasn't an exotic island in the Caribbean or a quaint cottage in the mountains, it was much better.  It was $4.99 soft drinks, $8 kids meal chicken strips, long lines, and HOT!  It was Sea World.  The highlight of our trip was getting to feed the dolphins.  We paid $15 for 12 little fish that were gone in less than 5 minutes.  Kamryn didn't understand the concept of hold the fish up and the dolphin will come out of the water and grab it.  She would just chunk the fish in the water and the dolphin was thinking to himself, "I don't even have to work to get these fish."  After all the fish were gone we started heading back to the stroller to go see the next attraction and Kamryn started yelling and crying, "I want to feed Shamu" over and over again.  After trying to explain why we couldn't feed Shamu I just had to put my foot down and say, "Shamu would eat your arm off if you tried to feed him!"  She looked at me and said, "Oh" and after that she was fine.  We really did have fun though.  It's always exciting getting to experience something through your child's eyes.  I don't think Ava had that much fun.  She was so hot and tired.  Kamryn tortured her by spraying her with water every second she could.  I felt sorry for her but by gosh, we were going to get our money's worth and stay until 7:00.  We ended our day with a trip to the water park in Sea World. Here are some videos of our Sea World Adventure!!


2 comments:

  1. oh my word...Kamryn spraying the water on Ava is classic. Love it! And what is up with Kyle's long sleeve shirt? Did ya'll run out of sunscreen?? Ha! :) Looks like a great time, next summer lets do a combo vaca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like y'all had fun! Isn't it funny how vacations change with kiddos??? Love Kamryn spraying Ava - too cute! I will have to share these w/ Amber - she'll love seeing the girls; yet I am afraid she'll say "mom let's go there"

    ReplyDelete